1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Motor problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DieselFisher, Jan 24, 2012.

1. DieselFisher

DieselFisher Junior Member

I was out this past Sunday doing some clean up, on my last stop, my last push. I dropped the blade made the swipe, went to lift the plow and nothing.. So I checked everything electrical I could think of. Got it home tapped on the motor and its started working, pulled the cover off to see if I needed to clean the brushed, found a wire slightly melted and off one of the brushes... So with the wire pused in plow worked fine took it off..

On Monday (yest.) went and grabbed a new motor put it on. Now when I move my joystick the motor runs blade lifted half inch then stopped, and the motor wont stop unless I unplug my power leads..If I unplug the power lead and plug it right back it the motor doesn't restart unless I hit the joystick again...

So my question is.. Does that sound like the Solenoid? or did my joystick take a dump on me.
  2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Sounds like a bad solenoid to me.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Probably the solenoid since drawing all that extra current through it with a faulty motor but to be sure, next time unplug the controller instead of the power cables. If it doesn't stop then it's the solenoid. If it does then it's the controller.
  4. DieselFisher

DieselFisher Junior Member

It was the solenoid.. There was a universal solenoid on there (prop from previous owner) I put the Fisher one on, and it's about twice the size :eek: