1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 / mm2

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rjdcompany, Nov 3, 2006.

1. rjdcompany

rjdcompany Junior Member

I need to know the main difference between mm1 and mm2 plows, Please help.

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Hey Brother .. NH

MM1 2 hookup wires/ manually push down ram before removal/have to pull pins with a big screwdriver or something to pull out of horns on the truck.

MM3 3 hookup wires to ease troubleshooting and reduce cost of each replacment/ Automatic lowering of Ram with a spring and cable the pulls down in float mode/ lever that pulls out both pins with one lever action handle.

As for the way they plow, I think they are idendical.
    Blades, I think they are the same.
    The pumps are different but I not sure what the difference are. Someone else may chime in with the details of the pumps.
    Fish-stick and Joy sticks are the same on both.

3. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

All MM2's use the Insta-Act hydraulic pack (separate pump and lift cylinder) and the 3 wire hookups. Some late MM1's (like mine) were also equipped with the Insta-Act and 3 wire hook up. I believe all plows with Insta-Act also use the isolation module (its part of the 3 plug system).

The truck side mounts are the same. I can put my buddies MM2 8' 6" HD blades on my half ton MM1 push pplates no problem (my front end wouldn't like it though). I could also (and am considering it for when I trade trucks next year if I stay in a half-ton) put my MM1 on a 2008 by just purchasing pushplates and an truckside wiring that would be for a new MM2.

Fishsticks and joysticks interchange between the two systems.

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Isn't the newest mm2s back to 2 plugs?

5. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

/they both suck! Get a Boss w/ a smarthitch system!prsport

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Why would I want something extra not needed on a plow like the smarthitch, it's just something else to fail. Simple and mechincal, can just be alot better in most cases, as far as I am concerned.

7. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I think the Extreme V is back to a 2 wire hookup (V's have alwys used a different harness and controller than straight blades).

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Even MM1's have the insta act (mine does).....fisher is back to the two plug setup on the plows on the newest ones

The headgear is a little different on the MM1 than the MM2, the pin engagement on the MM2 is one lever while the MM1 you have to pull each pin seperatly. And the newest MM2s also have the new intensifire headlights on them (NICE!!!!)

9. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Ha Ha You're funny.. I like you ground clearance and your lame boss sticker under your bumper. prsport

10. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

My plow is the mm1 but central hydro so I just plug in the one wire harness and the three hydo lines. Not exactly a minute, but easy enough for me.

11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Watch out for poppet valves they didnt work on gm trucks and boss sucks because at least with a chain mount i could get my plow home cylinder stops your screwed

12. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Your (and my) Ford will break before my Boss does!! :nod: xysport

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i will take the pepsi challange against your boss and my curtis plow

14. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I think we are starting the old - my low better than your plow baloney.

All kidding a side, I would take any one of them compared to what they had 20 years ago. Trucks and all have improved allot.

15. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I disagree. I think the old Fishers with the belt drives and cables were much more reliable. I still try to work them into trucks today when possible.

On the same note I was told by a dealer today that I could not delete teh hydraulics on the extreme V. I have a call into Fisher about that one.

16. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Yup, way better reliable and very simple system.