1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1/MM2 mount?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WOODY367, Mar 16, 2006.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Will a MM2 plow fit on a MM1 push plate mount? Was just wondering If the truck already had the MM1 mount on it can I just get a MM2 setup and not change the mount. Thanks

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

As long as you're talking the same class truck- a 1500/2500 to a 1500/2500 and not a smaller trucks yes the push plates will interchange, but the electrical system may not. the mm2 uses a 3 plug system and the mm1 used a 2 plug system. The new ISO headlight system was a 3 plug system.

3. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

I have a MM1 and it has 3 plugs. I think I read somewhere that some did. Maybe a late model change over. I bought mine in Nov 2000 brand new from a dealer. I think the MM2's came out a year or 2 later.
    Ray

4. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Thanks guys. The truck I am looking at has MM push plates on it but no plow. I was planning on getting a used MM2 and was hoping on not having to find a set up off the same truck seeing and not having to buy new plated.Thanks again.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

My MM1 has three plugs as well.

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yes and and how others have stated. The wiring is the only issue.. If your truck with a minute mount 1 has a three wire harness the power/lights/control hookups will work. If it has the the two connectors it will fit the mount but not work electrically. You would have to update all the truck harnesses to the new 3 connector setup.

7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

The mounts are the same. The latest MM1's have the Insta-Act hydraullic system with an isolation module setup and are the same system the MM2 uses with 3 plugs. Otherwise, if you have the old 2 plug system before the Insta-Act hydraulics were introduced, you'll have to buy a whole truck wiring setup for it.