1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 lowering issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jonsnowdog, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jonsnowdog

Jonsnowdog Junior Member

Finally got enough snow here (long island) to push, barely enough... But now my plow keeps stopping when i lower it. It'll stop halfway down, i let go of the button and repush and it'll go a lil farther. Typically 3 pushes gets it to "float" No issues angling or raising just dropping. Anyone got ideas so i can freeze my ass off tomorrow fixing it?! Lmao thanks in advance

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

might be the control is it a fish stick?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Is this a new or new to you plow? You can always try adjusting the quill to see if helps correct your issue. If this is a new problem on a plow you have been using I would check valves for debris.

4. Jonsnowdog

Jonsnowdog Junior Member

Thank you to both responses. It is a fishstick and the plow is new to me and far from new. Lol i unplugged the the stick and plugged it back in, no change doesn't seem to be it but def something to consider. I've changed the fluid once mid summer since i've had the plow/truck (1yr) but haven't had enough snow to use it much. I guess i'll be draining it and checking the filter, lines etc tomorrow. Hopefully its nothing more then sum crap. I'll let ya know tomorrow. Thanks again

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It doesn't sound mechanical...more electrical. Maybe a loose ground or control connection on the S1 valve. Pull the valve cover and check to make sure the spade terminals are snug, use a pair of needle nose pliers and gently pinch them on if not. The S1 valve is the one with the white and yellow wire.

If all checks out, move up to the grill, on the 3 pin control connector, check behind each connector and examine the yellow / white wire going into them, along with the corresponding pins / sockets in the actual connectors. clean, repair, and or replace accordingly. If there is no sign of compromised wires, corrosion, or contamination, trace the control harness into the truck making sure there isn't any pinched, or cut wires.

Short of that, it would most likely be your controller. If you have a spare, or one you can borrow.... You can pull it apart an examine the cord, PCB, & keypad...but it may not be obvious.

Is the float mode indicator coming on when you hold it down....regardless of actual blade movement?

6. Jonsnowdog

Jonsnowdog Junior Member

Thanks repoman apparently you know yur stuff!!! Cleaned all plugs and the stick connection, thats when i figured out when its F---'n cold out and i have gloves on i accidently push lower and right or left. So, needless to say, i'm a lil special:dizzy:!! Lmao. Nothing wrong with anything, but thanks to you i didn't go flushing out the MM1 so thank you very much! Used the plow for hours last night with no issues at all.

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Lmao! :laughing: Happy plowing! :waving: