1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 lights shaking

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by spittincobra01, Feb 10, 2007.

1. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

the headlights on my MM1 frame shake quite a bit on the highway and when I hit bumps on side roads. I have already replaced the 1/2 round adjustment wedges, and the lights are tight. Is there anything I can do to stop this, or at least decrease it?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

not really

there isnt a whole lot, you can try to fab up some rubber pieces like a gromet to fit under the light, you will probably need longer bolts... but this should get rid of most of the vibrations.... there is one guy around here that duck tapped the hell outta them looks ******** but it works lol

3. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

If you hit a good crack in the road while plowing you'll crack the housing..My always did..

I'm wondering if the new Intensfires are better..

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Rivets are Loose?

I'd be willing to bet the rivets that hold the piviot bases onto the plastic housing are loose.

If this is the case, I'd remove each light remove face plate and bulb, place piviot base into a vice, , do not tighten in vice! have another person position light housing where a rivet head comes in contact with vice, take a pin punch and place onto rivet end take a hammer and strike pin punch, and reset the rivet to tighten up the base, reapeat on each rivet. Four Cautions! 1) do not hit to hard, you can crack plastic housing, 2) don't hit your hand with the hammer, 3) Don't hit your buddies hand! 4) If you hit your buddies hand........ DUCK! because he's going to hit you with his other hand!

If you can't tighten up the rivets, drill them out, replace with stainless bolts and use nylon lock nuts.

Jay

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  5. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

they have a newer housing for them as well. Mine were from 99 and I don't know when the newer ones were put out but you should check to see if you have the newer ones as well..