1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 lights "blinking"

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bowtieguy, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Ok i'm starting this season with a new to me 2000 Chevy 2500 and a MM1 i bought seperatly. I just changed the plow to 3 plug and it works great. When i raise or turn the plow i get a quick "blink" of the plow lights. The best i can describe it like when the lights in you home dip for a split second because of something else turning on etc. It's very quick. Should i be concerned? Elec. gauge in truck shows good volts.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Bad connection. Check the solenoid, the battery terminals, and of coarse your plug ins at the grill.

3. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Thx Repoman, I'll go thru everything in the morning.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Another thought, and probably more likley....check where the spade terminals connect to the solenoid cartridges on the plow motor. Where you just put the new harness on, there probably is a loose connection there. If you find a spade that isn't fitting snuggly, take a pair of pliers and lightly crimp the female end to get a tighter fit.

Are you predicted to get snow tomorrow?

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Is it a blink or do they just get a little dimmer?

6. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Good point Repoman. I'll check and tighten all connections if necessary. Crash935 the lights don't dim at all. Just a really quick blink. Like a power draw when i raise or angle the plow.

7. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Hey guys,
    I just wanted to update on what going on with my truck. Since i changed the plow to a 3 wire everything works as it should. Because of that "blink" of the lights when the plow is raised or angled i changed the stock alt. to a 135 amp from NAPA and new belts on the truck as well. I still get the blink. I checked the battery and it's 770 CCA and from the label it may be 3 yrs old.Thinking if i change the battery the blink will stop. (recommendations??) I also have no signal lights on the plow. The original bulbs were missing so i replaced them with 1157s. Is that the right # bulb that should be in there? All connections seem tight and clean.