1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 light question?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kupiec20, Oct 26, 2009.

1. kupiec20

kupiec20 Junior Member
    from mass

i have a two plug system w/ 6 prongs on top and 3 below-when i plug it in im not getting the lights to turn on! i do hear some clicking sounds from the plow area as well as the engine area.

2. kupiec20

kupiec20 Junior Member
    from mass

this is my first post, if you help be out ill promise you lots of snow!

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Make sure your connectors are tight. Does either harness have gunk in the pin holes (plowside & truck side? Lube them up with dielectric grease if there clean. The clicking noise is most likely your solenoid, but I have never had that interfere with the lighting, just the movements. It's only a $10 part.....might want to change it out. Run through all your wiring checking for breaks or corrosion in the connections. Most likely your problem is plowside as it typically sits outside off season with no use.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

What your hearing click is the relays for the lights under the hood and the coils on the valves for the pump.
    Do you have both the 9 pin and battery cable plugged in.

5. kupiec20

kupiec20 Junior Member
    from mass

i think i just had the 9pin plugged in, - is that the problem?

6. Crash935

probably, its not completing the ground circuit.

7. kupiec20

kupiec20 Junior Member
    from mass

i dont know if this anything to do with it - my passanger side light on my truck heats the bulb up and really doesnt light and also smokes!
    if this is any help

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

.....Have you looked into why this is happening? Is this only when the plow is connected?

Have you tried it yet with both connectore plugged in? Is this a new install on this truck?

9. Crash935

sounds like a bad ground somewhere. Do you know what cross harness you have

10. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

That is a clasic sign of a bad ground!!

11. kupiec20

kupiec20 Junior Member
    from mass

i just never had the power side plugged in!

12. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

LOL. that will do it !!!!