1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 lift cylinder leaking

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by STIHL GUY, Sep 25, 2013.

1. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

The lift cylinder on my mm1 is leaking so I am going to change the packing nut and the seals. I noticed the lift cylinder is pitted pretty badly. I tried sanding it down with Emory cloth but didn't have much luck. I was wondering how hard it is to just replace the lift cylinder. Will it just pull out when I take the packing but off or are there any special tips or tricks to replacing it?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Remove the hydro line, then the nut. Then pull off. Soak the new seals in the fluid of your choice before you install. Clean the packing nut wiper seal groove good with a wire brush....well the entire inside of the nut. Then use some light grease on the wiper seal groove and install new wiper. Put seals on new piston and install. Might need to "tap" the seals into the tube. Tighten nut. Fill system. Operate up and dwn a few times then reck the nut.