1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 insta act slower than MM2?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowguy43, Oct 22, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey guys over the summer I bought a MM1 insta act 3 plug setup. Log story short, it seems slower than my old SEHP MM1 and definitely is slower than a MM2 I tried out last week (test drove a chevy crew cab at a dealer).

I'm wondering if its normal because I don't thik it is. I'm going to change the fluid and screen this weekend (and sandblast and repaint) but is there aything else to check?
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Check the voltage at the pump while lifting the blade.

Be careful......
  3. plowguy43

I'll clean all the connections tomorrow. It doesn't sound weak or anything. I'm thinking maybe the fluid is real old/thin or the screen is gunked.
  4. TONY labounty

TONY labounty Junior Member

electric motor could be getting stuck in the brass bushing or the pump relief valve out of adjustment
  5. bullit340

bullit340 Member
    from Mass

I always thought my old mm1 instact was slower than my newer xblades. Today I tore down the mm1 motor/pump assy. I installed a new motor, new pump, new screen and cleaned all the selenoid connections etc... new atf and sure enough it is still slow. I am also looking for a reason why? Selenoids usually are working or not, thats the only thing left to change, but its a few hundred for complete selenoids and valves. Kinda a lot just to throw parts around. Any ideas?
  6. plowguy43

Well I found that my positive side of my plow harness/cable was split open and may have been rubbing against the plow frame. Either way I repaired it and will see if it was the problem. I won't find out until at least a week or so since I'm in the middle of redoing it now.