1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 insta-act pump screen keeps icing up????

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hc_treeclimber, Feb 9, 2009.

1. hc_treeclimber

hc_treeclimber Junior Member

I was having a problem with my plow not moving at all so I took the pump off and completely disassembled it and found the screen was clogged so I got all that taken care of and put it all back together and added some new fluid and it worked awesome for about 15 minutes and then I had the some problem the plow wouldn't move so I took the bucket that holds all the fluid off so I could get to the screen and it was all covered in white stuff and looked like ice so I cleaned it all off and put all new fluid in it and the plow worked awesome again for a bout 3 minutes and then slowly just stopped moving and just made the pump wind up like before when you hit the control... if anybody can help me figure out why that would be awesome thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You've got he pump unit cleam but the angle cylinders have water/ice in them. Thats why it's transferring it to the pump as you use it. You need to flush the cylinders...

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

also make sure the lift cylinder is all the way down.

4. snoproblem

snoproblem Junior Member

make sure your using a fluid with a deicer in it