1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 Hydraulic Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MarshallGirvin, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MarshallGirvin

MarshallGirvin Junior Member

When I put my plow down all the way, the hydraulic stops as soon as the chain loses tension. This make it a pain for me put the plow on the truck because the chain is taught. If I have someone hold the controller in the down position and I put my body weight on the hydraulic it will go down all the way. Is this a pump problem or a hydraulic problem? Thanks.

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

That's normal. If you hold down on the control for a second, it goes into float mode. Then you can get out and manually push the triangle down.

3. hunt 444e

hunt 444e Member

tighten thr tension cable with

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Put it in float, lower the lift arm before disconnecting the plow from the truck. If you use your foot to push the middle of the chain towards the truck, that's easier than pushing down on the triangle.

5. MarshallGirvin

MarshallGirvin Junior Member

Thanks guys