1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 hydraulic pump belt

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by K5Man91, Oct 20, 2013.

1. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

Hi I have a 1996 Ford F-350 with a 5.8L 351 motor. It has a hydraulic, belt driven pump under the hood. I recently got the truck and there is no belt on the pump under the hood. I am having trouble finding a belt for the pump. Does anyone know what kind/size belt to use and where I might find one?

2. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

I would just pull string around pulley to pulley to get the lenght of a belt and go to any local rep. hydraulic shop for closest available size ( V belt i assume you need) . Adjust your tension and off you go.

3. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

Thanks for the response Blizzard. I was looking on the fisher website and found an old fisher manual for hydraulic minute mount 1 parts for my F350 and according to the manual, part #23 indicates a 55 inch belt for the pump? Is this correct?

Here is the link for the manual:
    http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/6437_040897.pdf

4. Blizzard1980

I wouldn't argue with it. According to this diagram hydraulic pump goes in place of AC compressor or if not AC equipped then its replaced with idler pulley. As long as pulleys are same size it should take original size belt as it refers to.

5. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

I guess the diagram is wrong then. The pump is sitting next to the ac compressor under the hood of the truck.

6. Blizzard1980

Is pulley on your hydro pump V shape or flat grooved?

7. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

Looks to be flat

8. Blizzard1980

You might wanna try and call Storks in Pa @ 610-488-1450. Guys there know their stuff and are helpful.

9. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

Ok I will try giving them a call tomorrow. Thank you Blizzard.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  10. K5Man91

K5Man91 Member
    from MA

I ended up using at 64 inch belt I got from Carquest. And I had a hell of a time putting it on but I got the plow working great. Now if I could get the hydraulic connections to stop leaking transmission fluid...