1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 help!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t.kelly0224, Jan 12, 2012.

1. t.kelly0224

t.kelly0224 Junior Member
    from bow, nh

Hey guys, I just got my new plow setup on the truck and I've got an issue. Ive got an 04 2500hd and I put a MM1 frame on it. Im using an 8' speedcast blade and aframe with a SEHP pump. So now that its all together, it wont go high enough, the blade only raises maybe 6 inches before the a frame bottoms out on the headgear. Any ideas to help??
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

What hole are your a frame pins in?
  3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

like ford said you should have 3 holes in the a-frame you can remove the pins from the a-frame on the headgear and adjust it to what you need.I've also seen guys cut the stops out on the headgear.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  4. MtnClimber

MtnClimber Member

I wouldn't cut the stops off from it, you risk the chance of the lift ram over-extending.
  5. t.kelly0224

t.kelly0224 Junior Member
    from bow, nh

I've tried all three pin locations. Im not sure if the mm1 and speed cast a frames are different that allow for greater height?
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Raise the plow, then measure the distance between the bottom of the lift arm and the packing nut....what do you got?