1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 headgear with MM2 a frame?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by redsled, Feb 28, 2010.

1. redsled

redsled Junior Member

does any one know if i can put a mm2 A-frame and X-blade on a mm1 head unit? wireing will be the same and the pistons are the same size but i cant tell by fast measurements. Thanks in advance, Dana -oh and there both 8ft.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It depends on which headgear you have. You'll need to measure your current A frame and see if it is the 22.5" or 25 1/8". The later is what you'll need to make the conversion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. redsled

redsled Junior Member

i thank you i think you just made my night, if i have the 25 and an eighth head unit do you think the rest should work? -Dana

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Good to go.

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

What are you going to do with your old A frame and blade?

6. redsled

redsled Junior Member

to be honest you probely would not want it. the blade has only a few holes thru it but the a frame is junk and the springs are all junk, thats why its time to do something and i can buy the x-blade 8 ft and top triangle with cable,spring and chain for 500.00 the cuting edge is even still good. you tell me.... i was going to put it on a 2 wheel drive dump with a sander on it, beats having no plow on the truck at all.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

I would be doing exactly the same thing. Good luck, & welcome aboard.

8. redsled

redsled Junior Member

thanks again, bought the blade and a frame for 500.00 8 ft.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

:eek: Can you get another one???? :D

10. CMD

CMD Member
    from Maine

Redsled did the same to my MM1 8'-0 last fall ..... replaced with a 7 1/2 MM2 X BLADE SS... worked fine ..... you will not be able to use the original lift bar from the MM1 .

Actually do not need it .. drop the center stand , rock the head gear back and the pins can be pulled by hand .. not as neat as the MM2 lever but works fine .

Will give me another 10 years on a 1998 plow and the 7 1/2 actually is better through the bank drive thru's we plow .