1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 fits on a mm2 truck side?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by nalegtx, Nov 30, 2010.

1. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

i was told by a source....of which is not too reliable but anyway....that a MM1 snow plow will mount onto a MM2 truck. I have never heard of this? I always assumed MM1 and MM2 were not interchangeable. I was under the impression that the mounts were different and so was the wiring. I know dumb question but i thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe useful for someone else.:confused:

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Mounts are the same, if the MM1 plow is a 3 plug (3 cables/wires) then its the same as well.

My truck had a MM2 plow on it before I bought it and I have a MM1 3 plug plow.

3. nalegtx

nalegtx Senior Member

thanks for the clarification

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Any Fisher 3 plug off truck set up will mount and operate on any Fisher 3 plug truck side set up. All Minute Mount push plates mounted on a truck will work with all Minute Mount plows.

5. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

3 plug plow side~> 2 plug

Rather than start a new thread. I have 2 trucks and 2 plows, both MM1-2 plug setups. I just got a MM1 3 plug to use as a back up, it has the insta act motor and older style headlights. Is it possible to switch it over to a 2 plug?

I really don't want to switch the others to a 3 plug setup.

Anyone want to trade?

Thanks for the help,

Adam

6. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Yes it is, and your best bet is to swap out your wiring with someone with a two plug that needs to change over to a three plug set up, I am sure you will find someone, so I suggest you start a posting with that as the title to attract attention.

7. TerraScraper

TerraScraper Member

Thanks Buddy... I'll do that