1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 fit mm2?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by EricD701, Feb 26, 2007.

1. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I have a MM1 and was wondering if anything has changed in wiring or Mount.
    Would I be able to drive into an MM2 and plug in?
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

MM1 to a MM2

As far as the Steel goes you should be able to drive right into the MM2 and latch right on. If the truck has a three plug system your also good to go! but if you have the old two plug system you'll have to update your system to the three plug systen with a module.

I've seen diffrent posts that say you can convert a two plug into a three plug, but I'm not all that familiar with that type of a conversion.

Good Luck

3. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Thanks for the info.. I have the older two plug system so it looks like I'll have to upgrade that part.
  4. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

I would look into making the blade compatable to the truck rather than making the
    truck compatable to the blade. The truck would need 2 harness and e-force box.
    The new mm2 only needs one harness to be compatable and if you save your
    stuff, its easy to swap back if tou upgrade truck, MOXIE
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I agree with Moxie. It would be much easier that way.
  6. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

this is true... thanks
  7. dvblandscaping

dvblandscaping Junior Member

so if i currently have a MM1 on a dodge 3500 dually, and i want to get a 2006 xblade mm2 (non intensifier) is there only one harness to change plow side? I am trying to avoid doing the truck over.
  8. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Just swap over the wiring its very easy. I have all the wires you need $250. Its very easy to wire up. I can even help you if you want. The wires I am selling include a new solonoid with it also.
  9. dvblandscaping

dvblandscaping Junior Member

are there person messages on this site? if so send me one bigdave. id be interested if i end up buying the plow i am looking at.