1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 ezv problem again

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chris694205, Jan 28, 2010.

1. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

so i finally get my plow working from another issue (which turned out to be a new controller). im out plowing today and its working fine.. all of a sudden it starts acting up.. when i put the plow up, at first it would raise all the way and then drop back down when i let off the raise button.. so i stopped and played with the buttons alittle.. the right wing button works great... the left will not and sometimes when i push up it will go into the V position.. i have looked through these and have came to the conclusion its probably a stuck valve or a bad coil on the plow?? what do you guys think

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For the symptoms your describing, sounds like you have another bad controller. Second would be contamination in the hydro system causing issues with several valves. As the functions you're having problems with are not all related to the same valve.

3. chris694205

man if its the controller im gonna be mad... seems like i am always having problems with this.... in one of my older controllers when it is plugged in it will control the coils on the plow but wont fire the pump.. would you think that is one of the fuses blown on the computer board of the controller

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep good change it is as the F1 fuse is for the motor relay activation command and a couple of valves, and the F2 is for the remainder of the valves not protected by the F1.

5. chris694205

ok i changed the fuse and that controller seems to work.... here is the breakdown...
    - right wing works fine
    - when right wing is in scoop the left V button will retract the right wing
    - the right wing will also retract when you push the up button
    - when angle left button is pushed right wing will scoop but no left wing

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're gaining ground but it's going to be necessary to check the respective coils for magnetism when the functions are pressed to see if the commands are getting to the coils and in the correct orientation. Follow the chart on page 57 here.

7. chris694205

got it... i have a whole parts V plow and i took all the valves out and 3 of the 6 were clogged up and wouldnt move... so i cleaned all of them up and they work good so maybe its more than one clogged on my plow to.. but i am gonna check that diagram you sent in the morning.. thanks again

8. chris694205

well i got some more functions back... i changed S2 coil and now the plow will raise but not lower.. would air in the system cause it to not lower?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No it wouldn't..but a stuck/plugged S1 will.

10. chris694205

so i took S1 out.. i can move it freely pushing a brass punch in it by hand... but when i hook a coil up to it and hook power and ground i can hear it click but it wont move?? does that mean it is bad... the coil is brand new

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you can't visibly see the spool moved by the coils magnetism alone, then it's dragging in the valve. Time for a new one.

12. chris694205

that sucks.. i have 2 and they are both shot.. guess its off to napa tomorrow