1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm1 drops like a rock

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by beaza59, Nov 30, 2014.

1. beaza59

beaza59 Junior Member
    from maine

I have a mm1 everything works great except when it goes up, and the minute you release the lever it drops like in 3 seconds. change fluids and use fisher lube also change the nut on the lifting ram.don't know where to go next.

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Replace the S1 cartridge.

3. outforarip

outforarip Junior Member
    from Vermont

Before buying a cartridge, try cleaning it. My S2 was sticking and I was able to get it working in minutes with a plastic probe and some parts cleaner. It helps if you can put 12v to the coil to see if it's moving properly. It should snap in and out with some force when power is applied. Good luck.

4. cubicinches

You could try cleaning the S1 cartridge. However, it's not the action of the valve that fails and allows the plow to drop. It has an internal check valve which fails, or leaks, and cleaning it often won't solve the issue. That's why I usually just replace them to solve this particular issue. Wouldn't hurt to give it a shot and try cleaning it though.

5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

It's like $20. Trust me, you want to change it and be done with it. Cleaning never lasted more than 3 minutes for my cartridges.

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree.You really want it to fail in the middle of a storm and then have to take it apart again?

7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Where are you guys buying them...local fisher dealer told me 70$

8. cubicinches

49227K... List price from Western is $55.06

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

10. beaza59

beaza59 Junior Member
    from maine

will do guys everything thing i read points to that valve, will let you no what happens

11. BeaverFood

BeaverFood Junior Member
    from Maine

My MM2 was doing the same thing last year. Replacing the S1 cartridge fixed it. I had no idea what was wrong or how to go about fixing it, so I took it to Detroit Motors in Detroit Maine, a Fisher snowplow dealer, and he knew exactly what the problem was and fiixed in less than 10 minutes. It as not expensive at all.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  12. beaza59

beaza59 Junior Member
    from maine

it was the s1 cartridge thank you everyone.

13. beaza59

beaza59 Junior Member
    from maine

drops like a rock

it was the s1 cartridge. thank you everyone