1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 drop speed

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DieselDriver, Jan 10, 2009.

1. DieselDriver

DieselDriver Junior Member
    from Ma

Hey guys,
    Im wondering if there is anyway I can increase the drop speed of my blade? Mine seems to take 15 seconds or so to go all the way down. Its always been like this. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you have to much fluid in it. Drop it down so the piston its about an inch up from bottom. then check it. I bet yoiu will have fluid gushing out top. If thats not it you have a sticky valve.

3. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

I'm not sure the term, but could it be that the packing nut on the lift piston is too tight?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Why not turn the quill (drop speed adjustment screw) out? Thats what its there for. Didn't say which pump your MM1 has but....

If it's a SEHP unit the quill is located on the top of the valve block. Should be a small screw that'll accept a straight blade screwdriver.

If it's an Ista-Act unit the it'll be located just beside the pump motor on the left front of the valve block. Be sure to give it a good soaking of penetrating fluid before you attempt to turn it if it hasn't been turned for a while as they like to strip/break the slot out...making it impossible to then adjust any furtur.