1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 blew 7.5 amp fuse now will only angle to the right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by diesel nut, Jan 24, 2015.

1. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

Hello all, New here and I hope I put this in the right place. I have a Fisher MM1 plow on my 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. It is a 3 plug/4 port iso module setup. I was using it today and the 7.5 amp fuse blew on me. I didn't have another one so i put a 10 in and the light on the joystick came back on. Went to lift the plow and it didn't go, but as I was looking at the little red light it went out about 1 second after I tried to pick it up. It blew again. The only other fuses I had were 25 amp so i put one in to try. It didn't blow but the plow would only angle to the right. It won't go up or back to the left and when I move the joystick there is no noises of any kind except when I try to move it to the right and then its a loud whine because it can't move anymore. I bought the plow used about 1 1/2 months ago. It was a package deal of plow and truck. The truck was a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 gas and the po told me he had the wiring updated to the newer style. Not sure how much I can trust him on it because he also said the truck just needed a relay in the trans. to make it shift right and when I had a garage look at it they said it was smoked. I took the plow off the '01 and put it on my '02 and it worked perfect the 2 previous times I used it and was going fine today until the fuse blew. I have the truck in my shop right now checking over the wiring on it. When the plow gets here from where I left it I'll start checking it over too. Any suggestions on what to look for or tests to try? I don't have any spare parts for it right now and most of the places that do are closed till monday. Thanks in advance. Stewart

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea. Start looking all over your wiring harnesses. You got a power wire touching gnd.

3. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

That's kind of what I'm figuring too. I finally remembered there was a section of wires that had been chaffed and wrapped with tape when I got it that I fixed with butt connectors and heat shrink that I'm going to check to see if I missed a couple. Is there any way to test the plugs on the truck and plow without having it hooked together so I can try to narrow down where it might be?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the wiring diagrams?
    That would be about the easiest

5. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

I borrowed the installation manual from my uncle for his and it has a wiring diagram in it but it doesn't show all the wires just some and the harnesses. Is there a wiring diagram that shows all the wires or just the one I have?

6. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Fishers website should have the mechanic manual

7. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

Does anyone have a complete wiring diagram? I keep getting page not available every time I try to go on the fisher website from my computer and my phone

8. xgiovannix12

you have the instact pump right?

9. xgiovannix12

10. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

This is the one I have

20150124_224052.jpg

11. xgiovannix12

Fishers website is down right now I cant access the other manual. Im not sure if they have the same harness or not

12. xgiovannix12

13. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

Great thank you. I believe I found the problem. When I got the plow the cover on the solenoids was broken. I finally got a new one and put it on after the last time I used it. I just took it off and the blue wire was pinched and I could see the copper sticking through. Pulled it away from anything it could touch and put a new fuse in and it works up/down and left/right. I'm going to fix it and be more careful putting the cover back on. The only thing now is I don't have any 7.5 amp fuses. I have a 5 and a couple 10's. Which would be better until I can get to the store in the morning to get the right one?

14. xgiovannix12

put a 10 on till you can put a 7.5 on . A 5 might blow after a few cycles up and left or right

15. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

Ok will do. Thanks for the help. Stewart

16. xgiovannix12

Might wanna save that manual it can come handy one day

17. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

I've already got it bookmarked. I'm half tempted to print it out so I have a hard copy as well because knowing my luck if I need it the power will be out

18. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Copy down the internet address and go to Staples. They can copy and bind it for you with a clear plastic front cover for less than $10. I do that will all my equipment that do not come with manuals.

19. diesel nut

diesel nut Junior Member

Thanks for the info on that. I'll go see about it. I have a lot of other stuff that only has online manuals and it would be nice to have paper ones too.