1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 blade question ...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chris_121756, Nov 16, 2010.

1. chris_121756

chris_121756 Junior Member

I've got my hydro running - seems to be fine all pistions moving - thanks for the tip on the hardware store - Ace is the place.

This setup had no blade - rusted out - and I'd like to get a 6.5', as I'm doing just my driveway. I'm wondering if any Fisher 6.5 blade will fit my MM1 frame. I've been on the Fisher site and the really didn't give me an answer.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

the only 6ft blade is the Homesteader @ 6'-8" and will not work with the MM1 headgear w/o a lot of mods.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

For years Fisher made a smaller 6'9" blade and a 7' blade as well. Both used a smaller headgear with a narrower a frame that won't fit onto the 7' 6" headgear.

4. Averysdad

Averysdad Member

I found an old speedcast 6.6 blade and swapped it with the rusted out MM1 blade i had on my rig. Bolted right up. But I was going from 6.6 to another 6.6 setup. What A frame setup do you have now?

5. chris_121756

Hi Guys,

Wow, I appreciate all the information, I'll have to hunt around for any markings on the head gear to tell me what kind of A frame I have. I assumed that all MM1 had the same and I was obviously wrong. I'll check that out and let you know - many thanks!!

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Best bet is to measure the mounts on the headgear. Post them up and we can tell you.

7. chris_121756

Thanks, I'll do that when I get home from work.

8. chris_121756

I had a chance before heading to work the mounts when held straight on were 23" apart and when
    spread to their maximum they were 33".