1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 angles left, but not right

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dlitten, Dec 29, 2009.

1. dlitten

dlitten Junior Member

Any immediate thoughts on what to check? Have removed and cleaned S1 and S2.

Thanks for any tips.

PS. should've said that I removed the COIL's not the actuators from valve body.
  2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

S2 is the only cartridge that shifts during angle right.. Check to see if the coil is working.. (screw driver or test light...) make sure S2 is shifting... Or it could be a cross over relief or popet valve.. Assuming that you checked to make sure the plow doesn't have something jammed to prevent it to be angled.. if that all checks out your plow will angle right..
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  3. dlitten

dlitten Junior Member

thanks for the info plowing. I omitted a critical piece of info...the motor doesn't run with requesting right angle....so my suspecting S2 was misleading. Went out and giggled all connections incl. to the isolation module and the connector in-cab. After a couple of tries, it started angling again.

So who knows.....I would suspect the joystick contacts at this point, but have never heard of a joystick failing before. If it wasn't -15 windchill right now, i'd do more diags with a multimeter.