1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 and MM2 Interchange...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by TJS, Jan 10, 2007.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Will a MM1 set up fit on a MM2 frame assembly. I am looking at a 96 F-250 to buy. All the seller has is a MM2 frame and wire harness hooked up, but does not have the plow assembly. I also have my eye on a MM1 set up and just wondering if it will fit.
    Thanks.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

2. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

Minute Mount 1 or 2 will fit on a Minute Mount undercarriage (frame on truck). The truck frame is the same. Be careful with wiring. Minute Mount 1 plows could have a 2 or 3 plug wiring. True Minute Mount 2 plows were put together with 3 plug wiring

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

It will fit on some trucks. I put a MM! on my truck to move it and it was a very tight fit. It crushed my license plate holder and I think if I plowed with it the frame would make contact with my Bumper. Good luck

4. Al DeMaio

Al DeMaio Junior Member

You won't have a problem with the bumper. The mount kit 7128 was originally designed for use with the MM1. MM2 has much more clearence at the bumper so yes a mount designed for a newer style Dodge might casue a clearence problem. The plow will mount right up to the truck. Check the plugs 2 or 3!