1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 a frame stops. Cut them?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by coposrv, Nov 3, 2015.

1. coposrv

coposrv Junior Member

So I finished up a rehab and instal of a MM1 sehp set up on my 06 f350. I got the a frame adjusted so it's level on the truck. The problem is at full rise the A frame hits the stops on the bottom of the headgear. The trip edge is only 12" off the ground when straight. It doesn't look like it will harm anything to trim the stops off. Common problem?

2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

They were bolted on on mine, I just swapped them for shorter ones.

Also, it helped to put a level kit in in the front end of my truck. (07F350) 1.5 level kit plus springs from an F550. It now holds any plow pretty high

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Is this a SEHP pump. If so make sure you have the correct longer lift cylinder. If not make sure the chain is not too long but gives you just enough float capability. Pics would help too.

4. coposrv

coposrv Junior Member

I ended up trimming off the stops. I now have another few inches of height at the trip edge. When on the truck the A frame sits pretty level when the plows on the pavement. I plan on 6000lb coils and a 2" leveling kit. Should help out as the truck does nose down about an 1"-1.5" when I raise the plow.

I do believe it's the 10" ram. The top of the cylinder tube sits a few inches higher than the pump motor.

5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Your 6,000 lb coils you'd be looking for would be part # 5C3Z-5410-CA
    Those were the snow plow prep springs.
    I used F550 springs and have an excellent ride and raised the front of my truck 1 3/4" replacing the 5200 lb springs that come on the crew cab Diesel.
    The 7k springs are part # 5C3Z-5410-AA if interested.

6. coposrv

coposrv Junior Member

Did your axle slide off center with the new springs or did you do an adjustable trackbar?

7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Not with just the springs.... They are OEM. Once I added the spacer kit, I did install the adjustable trac bar.