1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 7'6" on Small Truck

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by matts27, Jan 19, 2011.

1. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

I've searched around and have only found a couple of posts and people that run a small truck or Jeep with anything bigger than a 6' or 6'9" plow. I can pick up a Fisher MM1 for nothing but am concerned over the size being 7'6". Best I can figure is the plow is close to 650 lbs. and figured about 500 lbs of ballast. The real concern is over the width with big storms trying to open up my drive or my neighbors that has 100 or so feet of frontage to the road. I'd like to hear from some people with first hand experience pushing a larger blade ( over 6'9") with a small format vehicle. Example ----> S-10, Jeep, Toyota, Blazer, etc.

Thanks for any info, again, the price is right ( barley anything ) and this would be a driveway set-up.