1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 3 plug lights issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by TMacie, Nov 29, 2014.

1. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

Hi All,
    I have a 99 ram 2500 with a MM1 and 4 port module. I have the one dim light issue. I've swapped the config plug, one way I get no driver side light, the other I get a dim light. This is both high and low beam.

I've also made a harness to completely bypass the truck lighting. The harness plugs into the fisher wiring input. Unfortunately, the lights don't light at all when using this harness. The relays click over and there is power going to the fisher harness, but the lights don't work at all. I'm wondering if the Iso module needs to "see" the truck lights to switch over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Travis

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

This a new install?

3. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

Its been on the truck for a couple years, from another truck where it worked fine. The truck was the same year ram.

Thanks,
    Travis

4. dieselss

And it just started?

5. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

No, its always been this way on this truck. Basically, I got a new plow that is higher than the last one, now I have to have the lights working properly.

Travis

6. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

A little update. I spent some time outside with the wiring. My harness is now working and the isolation module is passing current to the lights. There is voltage at the proper places at the input harness to the Isolation module on both sides, BUT only the passenger light works. If i swap the configuration plug the passenger light still works and the driver light comes on very dim, both low and high beam.

If I swap the yellow and blue pins at the isolation module, the lights both work, but are very very dim. Both low and high beam.

Thanks,
    Travis

7. dieselss

So the plow was on another trk and all worked.
    You put it on this trk and it never worked right?
    What year was the old trk? Might have the wrong harness

8. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

Yep, same year truck. 99.

Take a look at the update I posted. Right now its running on a harness I made with relays. I am 100% sure my harness is wired properly. I've tested it and power is where it should be. Its not even wired to the truck wiring right now.

Travis

9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Check your truck side headlight bulbs,if i remember correctly in 99' Dodge actually sent out a run of vehicles with 2 different bulbs from driver side to pass side,connectors will be similar but the power at the pins will be different.

10. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

Arc Burn,
    The bulbs are the same. 9004 bulbs.

Travis

11. dieselss

Here's a few wiring diagrams. There western but they should be the same

tmp_11008-Screenshot_2014-11-13-03-39-431772416500.jpg

tmp_11008-Screenshot_2014-11-13-03-46-42-1472558706.jpg

Screenshot_2014-10-15-18-30-17.jpg

12. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

Any chance you can send me the link to the last diagram? I cant blow it up enough to reed what the wires do. I'll verify that the wiring is correct in the harness.

Thanks for the help.

Travis

13. dieselss

14. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

Heh, i just found it too. thanks.

15. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

Ok, so all the wiring matches what is in that diagram.....any more thoughts?

16. dieselss

So just outta the blue they turned dim.?
    I'm saying Ck the gnd. They go bad outta no where. Try and run a "new" gnd to where the headlights are gnded on the trk

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  17. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

I checked the wiring, its all in the proper locations (no one changed pinout) the right colors and positions are going to the proper places in the plugs, etc. The lights are grounded to the pump....I'm not sure what else to look for.

Travis

18. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

See page ten here:

http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/28561.04_052407.pdf

The wires in your harnesses need to be configured for an HB-1 bulb. HB-5 uses the same connector at the bulb, but the wire locations are different... similar to what Arcburn mentioned. Same goes for the isolation module end. I know you mentioned that you've already swapped the blue and yellow at the module end, check the headlamp end.

19. TMacie

TMacie Junior Member

Dieselss: no this isnt out of the blue, its always been like this on this truck. I haven't been able to figure it out.

Cubicinches: The wiring looks right, but I'll try swapping the pins just to see what happens.

Travis

20. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Another thing I'd look at is the wires where they go into the backs of the female sockets on the plug in harnesses (where the vehicle's factory plugs plug into). It's a hard black plastic socket, and they're not weather packed. Check where the wires go into the black plastic for even the slightest sign of any green corrosion. It's a fairly common issue on 26349 & 26354 harnesses, and the only fix is to replace the harness, or bypass the plug and hard wire it.