1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 2plug 9 pin SEHP - Detailed break down of what ive replaced - need help!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RL1, Dec 9, 2009.

1. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Ok, to start Ive replaced the pump, motor, 2 and 3 cartridge valves, spool, poppet check valve, cleaned and bench tested coils , completely cleaned valve manifold and fluid reservoir. New angle cylinders, solenoid, plow side plug and cut up into coil wire bunch and ran new power and ground leads.

Ive had the plow 3 yrs and its always given me trouble getting stuck, usual stuff, stuck left or wont go left but goes up. Wouldn't stay up at times and would instantly drop/float after releasing joystick back to neutral position. So since last season Ive replaced everything listed. Over the past 2 weeks it has been taken apart again and re-flushed / cleaned. Also tested cartridges and coils - new cylinders, lines and plow side plug.

I get everything back together , raise and float worked , angle left would either raise or try to go left but just nudge and bind. Angle right just binds. I unmounted the plow and placed a ground jump into the plow side plug and hit every pin inside the plug. Every coil and light, (high+ low) marker and turn signals responded appropriately when powered.

I borrowed my friends fistick and it powered up but gave the same result. Later went to use it to test the plow again, yellow indicator light was on but wouldn't power up. We plugged it back into my friends truck and wouldn't fully power on either. I plug my joystick in and it powers up then died. Earlier the high beam light on my dash was on but my lights weren't on. I unplugged the plow from truck and it went off.

I have a new truck side plug to install but I think the fault is in the truck harness somewhere. This is driving me nuts and draining me of $. Ive spent so much time rebuilding this thing to help pay some bills and its putting me in a hole.

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to cover everything.

Thanks for your help!

2. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Anyone......
    thoughts? Ideas?

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Should I tell you now or later that this could of been taken care of with a .15 cents part????

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

JK....I had to do it, I couldn't resist.

What does this mean exactly??

I agree, the harness is probably the issue. However the next thing is if you knew what you were doing when you messed with that pump as much as you did all at once. Nothing like compounding the issue. I don't mean the negatively, but that was my first concern when I was reading your post.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  5. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Bunch ( branch of the harness) meaning the part of the plow side harness with the leads for the power and grounds for the coils.I wanted to be sure it wasn't a connection issue so I cleaned the coil terminals and cut the lead ends off to replace them. The wires had corrosion so i cut up until I found clean wire and made my new leads.That was this Wednesday, this past storm along with the plow side harness plug which was in terrible shape.

As far as the work goes with the hydro system, it was done through the course of last winter. First The motor was shot, and not being the original owner I wanted to replace the "pump" for piece of mind. A few storms later the angling. lifting. malfunctions started. After swapping controls with the same result I checked fishers electrical and hydro schematics and replaced the #3 cartridge valve. Seemed to do the trick until a storm later, same problems so I replaced #2 and the poppet + spool - all 3 which were indicators of the possible cause. Filter and oil had what I assumed to be packing from the cylinders each time I went in to check. It seemed to get better and I eventually got through last winter.

This yr i was determined not to loose hrs so I was gong to rebuild the cylinders until a clevis pin was seized on one of the cylinders and had to cut the pin top and bottom to get the cylinder off. After trying to get the slug out with no luck I ordered 2 new cylinders, lines and replaced them this year along with a total clean out of the fluid reservoir and manifold.

Nothing was messed with all at once, it was a process of elimination. As far as not knowing anything, well that may have been true at one point or another, however I did my research and thought I was on the right track. I know enough of a bit of everything, jack of all trades, master of some ;)

So this .15 cent part you mentioned would be :confused:

Thanks for your time , in all honesty I do appreciate it :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Needs the truck side harness replaced OR you have a ground issue in the truck side harness. Either one probably due to corrosion.

One of the tips for the diagnosis is the fact that your high beam indicator lights when the highs aren't on. Second is the fact that after all you've done not even swapping the controller fixed it.

7. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Thanks, I'm taking it out tomorrw to inspect it. I wish I knew someone with a 2 plug set up to test my plow for the hell of it.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Where exactly are you in the "North East"

9. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Rhode island

10. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Problem solved, took the truck side harness out. After inspection I found a few problems that needed attention. The cause of my problem the harness where it ran through the fire wall for the control. No grommet so the sheathing wore away and through the green power wire shorting it out.

11. RL1

RL1 Junior Member

Also, I fried a hand held control in the process. The fuse for the control power didn't pop until after I put my joystick back in. Does the handheld require a lower amperage fuse?

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No but a direct short will kill the controller before it blows the inline 10 AMP fuse. Have seen it happen many times.