1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 2 plug wont angle.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Gmgbo, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

I have a 2 plug MM that will raise and lower fine, but wont angle. I have already took the 3 valve/coil devices out and cleaned them with brake cleaner. The plow worked fine after that and just started this today. It tries to angle put is being stopped somehow.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Check for air in your fluid, check fluid level, also check all of your connections (plugs, solenoids, etc). I've had a similar problem with mine before- was just the fluid and needed a little electric grease.

3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

check the small wire connections to the coils/sol valve again--one may have popped off

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Also, it may be time for a new coil & or S2 cartridge....

5. ponyexpress976

ponyexpress976 Junior Member

Might sound goofy but did you check the area below where the lift chain attaches? I had a "1 in a million" rock bounce in there and did the same to mine. Up and down but no left/right. Found it by dumb luck when I was laying on the ground looking for a dropped screw.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So you can see the blade move, even a tiny bit? You might have mechanical problem preventing it from moving. Something might be bent/binding. I had an older MM plow that would do that once in a while. The back part of the blade that rotates under the a-frame would somehow drop under those two "hooks" that are supposed to hold it. I used to carry a five foot crowbar to fix it.

Either pull the angle ram pins so you can move them out of the way, or pull the hoses for the angle rams. See if you can move the blade side to side by hand. You'll have to lift the blade of course.

7. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

sound like a bad pump..( chips of metal get in the cartirdge and make things a mess... Especially if you cleaned and then it worked.. there should be no reason to clean a cartdirge).. and if it were a bad piston(steel) it should be caught by the magnet in the tank..