1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM1 2 plug from 95 1500 to 2001 GM 2500HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BillS, Oct 2, 2012.

1. BillS

BillS Junior Member

Hi,

I am new to the forums and have done some searching which has helped a lot.

I have a 95 1500 Silverado with a 2 plug MM1 relay system on it. It's still in pretty good condition and I would like to move it over to my 01 2500HD Silverado. I know I have to switch the push plates so I picked up a set of 7169 plates locally.

I am getting some conflicting information about what has to be done wiring wise. One Fisher dealer says it's a simple harness change but another Fisher dealer is telling me it could be anywhere from a direct swap to a conversion to a 3 wire system. If anyone could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I don't do residential plowing anymore so this is simply to keep me up and running for my own place and one elderly gentleman who has long been very good to me.

Thanks and I appreciate the help.... Bill

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Hi Bill, welcome to the forum!
    yes, the reason you are getting different stories is because the situation on those is the process of changing. the older 2plug wiring is relay wiring, and the 3plug is isolation module wiring. Fisher, Western, and Blizzard discontinued the relay wiring kits for the 99-02 and the 03-06 chevy's at the end of last season because they can't buy the heat sink thing anymore. There are probably dealers that still have some in stock, so they would still be able to go that way. For dealers that don't still have the relay kits on the shelf, they would have to convert you over to isolation module wiring, which is more expensive. It also involves converting the plow to iso, by adding a harness to the coils and either changing the lights or rewiring them.
    If it was me I would get relay wiring while it can still be found.

3. BillS

BillS Junior Member

Thanks Nealybird. That makes a lot of sense.... I'll call the other dealer and see if they have the harness in stock.

Thanks again,

Bill

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

no problem Bill. good luck

5. BillS

BillS Junior Member

Just spoke to a very helpful dealer who still has the headlight harness I need in stock. He said if all of my other components are good it'll be that and the install as I already have the mounts. He also said worse case he can replace my harness with some Western parts without forcing a switch to a 3 plug system. Looks like I am good to go. Thanks again :)