1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM Raises when trying to angle left, right angling issues, too!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by carrera30, Jul 24, 2009.

1. carrera30

carrera30 Junior Member

I picked up a 7 1/2 MM for cheap money, and I'm slowly going through it while it's nice and warm so I'm not screwing with it the day before a storm 6 months from now. It needed a new motor so I got that resolved, but now when I try to angle the blade left, it raises :confused:. When I angle right, it moves about an inch and stops. Fisher info says to check the #2 solenoid, so I pulled it and bench tested it, and it seems to be firing just fine. Anyone have any other ideas?

3 Plug setup on an F150.

Thanks in advance!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Reinstall he S2 and have a helper function the plow to the angle left position while checking the S2 coil for magnetism, being careful of plow movement.

If you find it doesn't have magnetism then you likely have a wiring issue. If that's the case, next check the light green wire at the S2 coil for 12V power while the controller is held in the angle left position. Also check the ground lead while you're there as well.
  3. carrera30

carrera30 Junior Member

I seem to have resolved the issue, and it seems that you were right about it being an electrical problem, though maybe not what you think. After testing the the coil and while checking the wires, the relay (older, square style brown relay) burned up - I mean it partially melted. I went down and got a replacement relay that seemed much more up to the task, and the plow angles and raises perfectly. I suspect that the coil couldn't put enough juice through to operate the two coils and motor needed simultaneously in order to angle the plow. I'm a happy camper now. Thanks!
  4. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I think i have the same problem with my newer style MM1 on my 01 2500. I just went to move it to my driveway and it was sitting since winter in my back yard angled all the way left and it goes up and down fine but it wont angle to the right and when i hit the left angle button it goes up and drops down by itself and also i noticed that left "solenoid" if thats what it is behind the pump is pretty warm to touch which im guessing is the one that makes the plow go down because when i unplugged it it wouldnt go down. Im assuming tho it may have been warm because it was in float?? not sure. But im not to familiar with the wiring and relays for the plow setup so if someone could chime in that would be great!! Also like the OP said about the relay i have no idea where that would be located. Thanks
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Start with the basics like checking grill connector and coil connections and then progress to testing each coil as well as the controller if no wiring issues are found. Use the manual to walk you through the varius procedures here: Mechanics Guide