1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm plows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Morrissey snow removal, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

mm plows suck stick with the older convetional stlye stronger i have bent 3 a frames this year

2. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Are you bending these a frames on your MM or You MM2, Your have stated in another thread that you are using over-sized gutting edges on your plows.
    If you are in fact bending A frames I tried to tell you before that you have changed the entire geometry of the snowplow by going to a over sized cutting edge. By doing so you will have problems like bending a frames.
    But go ahead change what the engineer's have designed and then complain, thats somewhat common on this site.

3. Morrissey snow removal

my mm only have 6 inch edges the conventionals have the 8 inch and its a mm 1

4. chaseatg

chaseatg Member

Sorry I was only going by what you told us in this previous thread.
    The A frames on the MM HD plow did have a week area.
    New replacement Fisher part # 8627 A frames have a extended reinforcement inside the channel. When set up so the A frame, and truck is on level ground with the plow lowered, make sure the A frame is perpendicular to the ground. Then you should not have a problem unless something else is amiss

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Teach your guys not to drive into things.

The old Speedcasters were heavier designed than the MM systems, but not necessarily better. I hated my MM1 for the first 3 years I owned it, but I have never seen or heard of a bent frame in any MM from normal use. If you're bending it, someone is doing something wrong- and it's not the engineers at Fisher.

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Obviously we all weren't there, but with so many of us having good experiences & you having these problems, there very well could be something going on that doesn't involve the product. Yes, I also recall the previous thread about your replacement cutting edges, and that was my first thought as well. I think if you give a good long look at Fishers, new and old, you'll see some of the highest quality in each generation of the plows.

7. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I have Owned & used FISHERS for many yrs! Fisher makes a Great Plow!--but their Designed to Plow Snow! & NOT Curbins--Rocks ECT I chuckel at the MM in referance to Putting it ON? as to ME its Harder than even the Ole Type! of which I also have! & Now w/ Fisher bought out Blizzard & still using their MM mount? set UP! I DONO? but I personally Think? all the New Plows are geting a bit To FANCY! in their Hydralic & wiring systems & in hearing & seeing the pros & cons on New Verses Ole--Pump & reserve Tank under the HOOD!-I may be Wrong?-but-isn*t that what Design & Engineering is all About?--I*M just a TINKERER! but I*LL mount My Ole Under the HOOD system on my 96 Ford F-350 & If? I can DO IT! so Can FISHER!--where My Pump Oil stays Nice & Warm & I don*t need any Special Oil! & mounting a Belt Pully On One of the Sepertine Pullies is NO Big Deal! & I*LL end UP w/ the Best System Fisher has ever HAD!--Ole Tower--

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Pretty general statement... but maybe you can be more specific... like when did they bend?? How fast was the driver going?? Did they hit something??

9. Morrissey snow removal

yea i hit a curb going 10 and the a frame bent

10. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Instead of being pissed, I would be looking at this another way. Better that the A Frame on the plow bent dissipating allot of the force before all of it reached the truck frame. Remember Physics 101? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If the plow frame didn't take it something on the truck would have and I would venture to guess that would have been more expensive for you.