1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM plow acting strange

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by robertpkerrsr@h, Dec 27, 2010.

1. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

When plowing this morning the plow did not want to raise up every time I went to lift it. It also occaisonally would not angle left or right. This fall I changed the fluid and cleaned out the reservoir. The filter looked brand new so I did not replace it. The lift piston had a leak so I had a hydraulic shop rebuild it. (I am not the best mechanic). I cleaned the electrical connections at the plow and the truck with CRC electronic cleaner spray and gooped them up with CRC electrical grease.

When the plow would not raise up I took the plow connectors apart at the plow and sprayed them. I didn't put any goop on the connections and it seemed to work better. I also noticed that if I pushed a few buttons on the (now ten year old) fish stick I could get the plow to raise and angle.

Does anyone think the problem could be with the fishstick??? I am thinking about getting either a new one or a joystick to have as a spare anyway???

I had no problems with any of this after I changed the fluid. I am pretty sure I got all of the air got out of the system. I test ran the plow several times before this mornings storm. But only for five or ten minutes. Any help would be great. Thanks

RPK

2. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

The same thing happened to me this morning at 4 am, lost all movement of the plow. My plow is brand new, Fisher rep said maybe ice got into the valves and froze them open. My pump is running but not pushing any fluid.

Im going to put it inside and try to thaw it out.

Only difference with my trouble is that the angle left and right rams had zero resistance and I could move it back and forth with my hand.

Goodluck

3. robertpkerrsr@h

robertpkerrsr@h Member

Mat; My rig is ten years old. It has always lived in a heated garage. I started having issues with the angling thing last year. By cleaning the connections it seemed to help. All we had here was blowing dry snow. I didn't even have to bank any of it up. So for me I am pretty sure it was not an icing problem. My truck is in the heated garage now and I will try it again in a few hours. I will let you know if there is any difference.

RPK