1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm id?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NHJonny, Nov 12, 2012.

1. NHJonny

NHJonny Junior Member

Just got a 97 F350 and it came with this plow, it's a little beat up and was rigged all funny but I may need a new motor. I would love if someone could ID the setup, it's 8' long.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

8 foot fisher mm1 2 wire with sehp pump

3. NHJonny

NHJonny Junior Member

Thank you,
    If the plow isnt being moved when I move the stick but the solenoid is still making noise, what sort of steps should I take do you think?

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

the solenoid might be bad check that the control wireing? could be a bunch of things

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Is the sound coming from under the hood or the plow itself? If it’s from under hood, it’s most likely the solenoid.

That white wire coming out of the valve cover box on the side of the pump...can you get me a better shot of that? The wiring looks like it’s been hacked, but I can’t tell…that could be your problem if so.

Chances are that old girl needs some maintenance. Drain the fluid, and then pop off the pump motor, and valve cover box. Remove the coils and valves, from the manifold, and blast out the bores with brake cleaner. Use WD-40, PB blaster, fluid film...what have you, and spray the valves down, take a pointy object (I usually use an electrical tester probe) and push in on the ends of the valves, then release, make sure they travel in and out smoothly. Blast them with brake cleaner and lube until they do.

On to the pump, after you remove the pump motor, then remove the pump off the base of the reservoir (2 of the 4 bolts - bottom right and top left if facing it from the front). Remove and replace the oring on the bottom of the pump, as well as the filter on the side, and scrape the pump motor gasket off and replace. Clean the reservoir out with brake cleaner and rags before reinstalling pump & motor.

When you say it was rigged all funny…what specifically?

Mechanic’s Guide

Owner’s Manual

Filter: 7053K
    Oring: 5821
    Gasket: 25861

There is a kit that contains all three parts under one part number…but I’ll be damned if I can recall or find it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. NHJonny

NHJonny Junior Member

Well it seems to me the previous owner used the truck for nothing but plowing maybe? the leg was welded up and there was a bolt through the chain just under the triangle. this made it so you couldnt rock the headgear to get the plow off. I'll for sure look into all the things you said. Also i drained the fluid and it came out whitish/pink and real thick.
    thanks a ton though, beyond happy i discovered this site

7. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Would it be...66763-1 ??

Or 411350... <----I'm thinking this one..

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Close, the 66763-1 is the equivalent, but for the Instact pumps (won't fit). The 411350 is the the kit WITH the pump itself...more then $100 more then what's needed. Chances are the pump is fine.

9. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Damn I tried...

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

I did too, I think they discontinued it....I couldn't find it anywhere the other night.