1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM HD won't go down.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Pat M, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Pat M

Pat M Member

So I get home from work and find out that we are suppose to get snow. Well after the wife got home we went out and hooked up the plow. The fastest it has ever gone and make connections then bring the plow up. Well went to go drop the plow and it won't go down. It will angle right and left goes up but even in Float it stays up in the air. Checked all connections and everything seems fine. I haven't been able to get the cartridge coil cover off to check those. Wondering if at all possible the S1 solenoid is junk? The fluid is fine and the plow will go side to side no problem and of course it went up no problem.

Any ideas are appreciated as I really don't want to have to sit at the shop tomorrow to figure it out.

Thanks.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Which controller do you have? Do you leave it hooked up all year? Check your wiring, it may be a loose connection in the control, or a blown fuse. It may have just craped out. You wouldn't have a backup to try would you?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  3. Pat M

Pat M Member

Its a FishStik and yes it stays connected all year long. The only thing that I hear when I hit the down button is the click in the FishStik and no attempt on the hydraulics. The plow is an older 99/00 8' MM HD converted to a 3 plug with new Isolation module and Intensifier lights. All fuses are fine as I checked those first.

Thanks for the help.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

I would swap out the controller, any chance you kept your old one. B&B posted something about testing the controller, but of coarse I can't find it when I want to. If you can get your hands on another controller just to test it... The other thing I would double check is the three ground connections on the cartridges, and the lead to the post. It is possible one of the splices has seen better days.

I have a 96 8' HD MM with a SEHP, new intensifires, and MM2 lift arm. I did a 100% recon on all of it.

5. Pat M

Pat M Member

I will check it in the morning. Of course it just started snowing and the light on the side of my house decided to blow out some time between yesterday after the electricity finally came back on from the storm last week and tonight when I got home from work. Just another fine week so far and it is only Tuesday.

I guess the only good thing is that the snow just started flying.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

I hear ya, my MASS sensor went on my truck and is still not back up and running yet. I never break down.....NEVER.....and here I am. Murphry's Law man. I hope it all works out for you soon. Looks like Sunday is the bigger storm.

7. Pat M

Pat M Member

Well after waking up to snow on the ground and a frozen screw on the back of the contactor cover I went to the shop down the road. In and out in 45 minutes will an operational plow. I just wasn't in the mood to deal with it again this morning so it cost me $75. The S1 solenoid was gunked up.

Thanks for the info RepoMan. I appreciate the assistance.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

No problem...Glad your up and running. I am on the way out the door to get my truck here in a minute....just in time. See you around!