1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM compatibility????

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by YEEHAW, Dec 3, 2012.

1. YEEHAW

YEEHAW Junior Member

Ok guys now in your responses please talk to me as if I have no Idea what any of the technical stuff is. Multiplex systems or any other fancy plow terms I wont know what your talking about unless you explain it to me... I have a 2002 GMC 2500 duramax I want to put a plow on. New at the moment is out of the question. I have a few on Craigslist for sale in the area. Guy with everything still in the truck which is a 2005 GMC 2500 another with a 1998 Chevy 1500. Something thats a MM1 is probably going to be whats in my price range at the moment.nothing complete that I have found in my area. Ton of off truck only, and limited truck side harnesses and such. I have push plates for the truck, and fish stick,as well as the regular "stick" controler. Also will this be compatible with a MM1 or MM2 or only one or the other? Thank you for any and all help.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

so u want to know if the 2005 or the 98 will fit on ur 2002 correct

3. YEEHAW

YEEHAW Junior Member

Ya that would be a good place to start. If either will will the light harnesses be the same or will I need to purchase other components as well. I know you will probably be shooting blind not knowing exactly what the donor components are. I would assume probably a 4 port isolation module. From what I understand not till like 07 did the 3 port more or less become the standard. Thank you

4. Morrissey snow removal

i do not know what fits what on chevy as good as ford but i am pretty sure the 2005 wirring will work for u and the push plates

5. YEEHAW

YEEHAW Junior Member

Well that's a start. I'm going to try and meet up with this guy this week maybe give my local dealer a call with some part numbers and see what we can come up with.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Yeah, 99-07 is all the same stuff. The 98 is different on the plates, andddddd I think the light harness is different too. Call UNCHP (Chris), he might have a cheap plow, or know of one, and can put it together for you with the wiring and what not....603-817-0913

If you need part numbers and such, just ask.

7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

If you want to chat just give me a call anytime

8. YEEHAW

YEEHAW Junior Member

Thanx guys that's great. I will give you a call Chris with any questions. The guy with the 98 wants $150 for everything except plates. But I do have the plates already. If the guy with the 05 gets back to me with a decent price ill go that route since it sounds like everything from it will work for sure

9. Morrissey snow removal

there a few on craigs in worc at least they where a couple days ago

10. Morrissey snow removal

11. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Minute Mount 1's can come with different style pumps, the 2 plug SEHP, and the 3 plug insta-act, both can be converted if need be (2 plug to 3 plug or 3 plug to 2 plug) by buying the harnesses and changing them. So now there 2 options for truck side wiring, the older 2plug relay harness system created for the SEHP pump or the 3 plug isolation module system that came about with the insta-act pump, the 3 plug isolation module set up will cost you more than the 2 plug. Now to take it one step further, the 3 plug system is available with a 4 port isolation module or a 3 port isolation module, the 4 port wiring is a little tricky on GM's 1988 to 1999 and then 2003 to 2007 uses the same headlight wiring on the 2500's, the 2000 to 2002 GM's are unique and use a different wiring configuration, this has to do with the headlights, the 3 port isolation module and wiring can be used on 1988 to 2007 GM by choosing the correct side of the headlight harness plugs (A or B) for the application. They also made MM 1's with complete under hood hydraulics, but you want to stay away from those, there's no space under hood for hydraulic pumps anymore.

12. YEEHAW

YEEHAW Junior Member

Ok so sounds like ifvi find a setup off of a 00-02 everything should match up correctly but before or after those years should only need perhaps different headlight harnesses? Is that correct? Now further still is there any advantage or disadvantage to a 3 vs 4 port isolation module. Roll I be more limited as far as a plow to put on the truck?

13. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

4 port has the uniqueness to the head light harness, 3 port has dual function plugs to accomodate both the negative common and the positive common electrical systems in the GM trucks, so go with what you can find just be sure to get the proper headlight wiring if you buy a used 4 port module set up, 3 port does not matter after you figure out which plugs to use.

14. YEEHAW

YEEHAW Junior Member

Thank you south for your assistance