1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm 7.5 lift piston replacement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BBC co, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BBC co

BBC co PlowSite.com Addict

this is on a 04 ram 1500 qaud cab

has a 12 3/16 cylinder and the piston rod all the way up is 6" so i assume it is a 6" and it has a 21" high mold board so assume it is a ht?

now for my actual question the cylinder is rotted at bottom pivot point is it possible to switch it out for a 10" to be able to stack higher? and if so what needs to be switched other then the lift piston

part 2 of it not so important atm but the A frame of this sep up would be able to handle a larger mold board ? or at that point i should just buy new plow side set up to upgrade?

this is my first plow kinda got taken on the sale not knowing any of this :(

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't go changing the size of the lift cylinder out.Replace it with exactly whats in there now.I've never changed the size of the lift piston,always replaced with what was in there currently.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Just switching out the piston won't get your plow higher. Your plow has stacking stops welded to the light tower so that's out
    Your a frame could handle it,,but the price wouldn't be worth it