1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM 2 jack lock does not move easy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plower25, Dec 26, 2008.

1. plower25

plower25 Junior Member

HI, My father just bought a mm2 and is having a hard time mounting and removing it. It seems like there is to much weigh pinching down on the jack lock causing to be virtually impossible to move. The plow is perfectly level on a concrete slab. Also the pin holes don't line up. It seems like it shouldn't't be so hard any suggestions?!?! Thanks
  2. stillen

stillen Senior Member

easy as pie

first before someone else says it...... RTM....

BUT.... the install / removal directions are on the head gear also...

When installing / removing the MM2's you must push up on the head gear, (towards vehicle) . this takes all the pressure off and the pins just slip into place..... Put some grease in there also..... after a few times, he'll be able to do it in a minute...... Trust me, the directions on the head gear are very good...

as for the jack , allls i do is , pull up to where i am placing plow. I drop plow to ground. get out pull the lever with a good yank and jack falls to ground....... it takes a few times but you'll/he'll get it

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  3. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I had 1 break and the new one I put on bend a little causing it to be hard to pull out and I must admit it may have been (probably was) from improperly mounting . When I first got the plow I think they both bent when driving up to the plow and driving into the headgear and pushing the plow a little with the jack down. Before I realized that most of the slack can be taken up by pushing the headgear.
    I just use a bolt to hold mine up and put the same bolt in to hold the jack. Just to lazy to fix it now.
  4. stillen

stillen Senior Member

hey plower 25....... i just noticed you're in mass...... so am i...... Where are you located....... if you are close, i can swing by and show you guys....... or take a look to see if soemthing isnt right
  5. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

not sure if i understand the question.
    are you saying tthat you cant lift the jack once the plow is mounted
    or that you cant mount the plow.
    make sure when you dis-mount it from the truck that the lift piston is fully compressed makes it alot easier.
    once you pull into the aframe get out and really push the headgear back towards the truck (you will hear the pins lock in).
    plug in, raise the jack push the pins lever back fully while raising jack, lift plow and go
    if your close to me id be happy to come show you as well
  6. stillen

stillen Senior Member

do you feel the love in this thread..... plow guys helping plow guys.... how much better does it get..