1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM 2 Chattering

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Lumberjack, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Lumberjack

Lumberjack Junior Member

Hello all,

I purchased an MM2 a few months back and had my first chance to push snow tonight. We got about a foot up here in Maine. I really liked the plow but it started acting a little wierd right before I finished up.

When you lift the blade and angle it, when it comes to a stop, the blade will start to chatter back and fourth pretty violently all on its own without any input from the joystick. Maybe a 1/2 inch or so. Enough so you can definitely feel it in the cab. The movements up and down and side to side were still crisp and there doesn't appear to be any leaks or bad connections.

I'm new to plowing and don't know if this is a simple issue with these Fisher's or something I should take into the dealer. I bought it used so it is not still under warranty.

Any help or advice you could provide would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Chris

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Need a better description of what's going on here and then we can help,Chatter while plowing or in the air and on it's own?

3. Lumberjack

Lumberjack Junior Member

In the air on its own. When I finish a push and raise the plow the plow will chatter back and fourth without any input from the joy stick. I can hear the electric motor running on the pump when it is doing this. This chatter will continue for 10 to 20 seconds before it will stop. When I lower the plow all the way to the ground there is no chattering.

I plowed again last night and for the first 15 minutes everything worked perfect. After that it went back into its chattering fit.

Thanks again for any advice

Chris

4. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

maybe its a bad connection or a bad ground somewhere? where did you buy the plow?