1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm 1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Rc2505, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, I need to ask a question. I recently bought a 1995 Chevy 2500 diesel truck. It has an 8 foot MM 1 trip edge on it. These are both a couple new things for me, a deisel, a fisher, and a trip edge. So for my question, why can't, or won't this plow stack snow? With all my other trucks, all with different plow, make, and set-ups, I can stack snow at least as high as the cab of my truck, some even higher than the cab. This plow will not climb a bank of snow for anything. Even if I raise the plow going into the bank, I am lucky to get it any higher than the hood of the truck. I added this truck upon having a need for it, and the guy I put in it was complaining about how it stacked. I looked and him and started razzing him about how he just doesn;t know how to plow snow, but when I tried it, I can't get it to stack either. Now he razzes me about not knowing how to plow. I have been doing this for 17 years, and he has 8 years behind the wheel of a plow. So I am begging for some info, so if it snows again this season, I can look like the superstar, and teach him how to do it, lol. :help: Thanks guys.

2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Loaders are for stacking, plows are for pushing.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Take up some chain slack. When you drop your blade on level ground, the lift "arm" should be level as well with chain.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's a helpful post....

Excellent tip. That will leave you enough slack for the blade to drop into any dips or as you crest a knoll. Also check if maybe someone added some stops to prevent the blade from lifting?

5. Rc2505

I understand loaders are for stacking, but on some of these smaller lots, I would look like an idiot comming in with a loader to stack snow, not to mention the cost of bringing a loader in when the truck should be capable of doing what I am asking it to do.

I will look at the chain set up, but when I did the first time, everything looked correct to me. I mean it's not the first plow I have ever owned, it's just the first Fisher I have owned.

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't mean to sound snappy or anything sorry if it came off that way. I've never short chained my plows to stack higher, but at the same token really haven't had much problems stacking snow above my trucks roof.

7. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Got a picture of the setup? I once had a boss who mounted his western too far back, (how I don't know) made for a very short raise bfore it contacted the frame and wouldn't go any further. It sucked at everything, stacking, windroeing...let's just say plowing.

8. Stik208

Hell, Grandview told someone that.

9. josh9410

josh9410 Member

i have the same plow on a 02 chevy 25000 check for stops...also on 2 of my plows it had a peice of angle iron on the a frame where the spring sets for the adjustment height when i adjusted the plow for my 02 and raised the plow it hit and wouldnt allow it raise or stack very high 2 ideas to check

10. Rc2505

I will try and get some pictures on here tomorrow morning. I just looked the owners manual over, and my plow doesn't quite look like the owners manual pictures. Maybe it's Frankensteined or something.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

All the more reason to disregard!!

12. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

My MM1 won't stack as high as my MM2; the stops on the frame don't allow it to raise as high, but it can stack. I added a leaf to the front springs and it helped alot.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  13. Stik208

I see, I see