1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM 1 Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FordFisherman, Feb 1, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Did a flush and filter change on my MM1 today. What does the bolt on the pump with the spring underneath control? Any help appreciated.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Which one?

3. FordFisherman

from 06611

On the inside hydraulic pump unit that the round in line filter snaps on to. I removed the unit to replace the filter and clean the resevoir and errantly removed the bolt with the spring underneath. Is this some kind or adjustment quill? Anyway I put it back together and it works fine but just curious as to what it does.

4. Crash935

Pump pressure relief setting.

5. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks Crash- Any harm in taking it out and putting it back in? Seems to work fine. Amazed at the simplicity of the MM1. This is my second one and the first was bullet proof.

6. Crash935

Never bothered to take one out, you can get it set to low and it wont pick up the plow or you can get it set to high and it will pick up the plow but will trash the pump eventually, wouldnt hurt to put a pressure gauge on the think to make sure you dont have it set to high.

7. FordFisherman

from 06611

Do you know how many PSI it should be? I appreciate the help.

8. Crash935

1750 approx