1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM 1 now Toeing In?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BillM2, Jan 10, 2011.

1. BillM2

BillM2 Junior Member

I have a 1994 F150 4 X 4, Short box, standard cab no A/C with a front axle rating of 3270 and I've just added a Minute Mount plow system weighing around 700 lbs. I'm getting some slight, by a couple of degrees, a toeing in that looks like this from the front ( \ - /). I've checked around other sites and am getting some different information as to how to correct the problem. The plow will only be on for a few days the year and right now, the truck is not rubbing the tires and there appears to be plenty of clearance. But what should I do or not? I've seen recommendations to go with Moog cc824s or add Timbres (which I'm not certain will correct the problem). I don't want to add any height really but an inch wouldn't be a problem. What do you guys think?

ussmileyflag

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would put a set of timbres in.If you keep driving with your plow on your going to wear the outside edge of your tires causing premature tire wear,better to spend money on timbres then on tires I think.

3. mikespenny

mikespenny Junior Member

There is no way to correctly set the toe with a plow on any of the OBS fords.
    The way the suspension is designed, with the opposing arms, anytime there is a load on the front end, the bottom edge of the tire is forced out, the top edge is forced in, and the angle that the spindles make to the tie rod ends get screwy. This is because of how and where the pivot angle is.
    This was the key reason i swapped the front axle of my 250 over to a solid front axle.

4. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

You could put some 'Air Lift' air bags in the coils and pump them up when the plows on and lower the pressure when its off.I think they only cost around $100 and easy to install in the coils.I had them in my 92' F-150 and they worked good.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

air bags would do the job I never thought of that