1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm 1 Making Noise In Motor

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by critter, Jan 14, 2008.

1. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

Today While Plowing I Noticed The Plow Was Making A Different Noise Than Usual While Going Up, Left And Right I Placed My Hand On The Motor While Moving It And Is Seems Very Rough Also It Doesnt Really Go Up Well When Im Pushing Snow To Stack. The Fluid Is Full Im Using Atf Does That Make Any Differnce Than The Blue??? Do I Need A New Motor??? Please Any Info

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I'm really no expert, but I have heard that ATF does damage the pumps in the electric motor units over time- I would say you may have an issue on your hands. I know Fisher recommends running their (or Western) blue hydraulic fluid, and does not recommend using ATF. ATF was really only used in the older pump units mounted in the truck engine compartment.