1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MK Martin "Meteor" Skid Steer Snowblowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Feb 16, 2009.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

I went to my local Case dealership to check out prices on snowblowers for skid steers, they sold a few brands. MK Martin was a good $1700 cheaper than Buhler & Schulte. The only one I have heard of was Buhler. Buhler seems to be the best built and the dealer really suggested it, but the price was $6700 for a 74". MK Martin was $5000 and Schulte was $7200 for a 74". Has anyone heard of MK Martin? Any pros or cons?

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

just remember you get what you pay for.

JR

3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Which machine will you be putting the blower on? I won't say you get what you pay for, but it's important to match the blower specs to your skiddy. Also look at the frame, chain drive vs. hydo, impeller size and number of fins, etc.

4. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

The Blower would be going on a '98 Case 75XT w/ 19 GPM. The blower is all hydraulic with a 26" fan with 5 blades. It also has four different pumps for GPM. The only thing I dont like is that the cutting edge and shoes are welded on. Also I never seen this blower in person just pictures. I just cant beleive how cheap they are, but I know you may get what you pay for.

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicI think that MK Martin is based in SW Ontario, I used to work for a Martin that had the trucking contract for all MK s manufactured equipment. We used to deliver their equipment throughout North America. They are builders of agricultural equipment.:salute:

6. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Just to add to my previous post. Meteor snowblowers are popular here . I had a meteor blower, for 3 years. They are OK for commercial work. However if you do lots of snowblowing and want to b last it for a good distance try Normand or Pronovost snowblowers

7. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I have 4 meteors, made by Menonites, on 65 hp tractors, no real problems just welding here and there and 1 hyd hose. I can't complain. Good value for the buck. Basically paid $6K for 4 units.