1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mixed feelings about chevy 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lumpy, Nov 30, 2008.

1. lumpy

lumpy Junior Member
    from midwest

i have a 07 classic crew cab diesel some say plows are to heavy for this style of truck.
    i bought a used 9.1 foot 28v snow way i would like some imput please
    plow ways 839 pounds i think
  2. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

I had an 8' 3" 28 v on my truck and now upgraded to a Mega Blade V. put timbrens on the front and and least as much weight in the back as the plow weighs and you good to go.
  3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have a2007 2500 HD with a crew cab, short bed and a duramax. I just put on a western 8.6 pro plus with the ultramount. The dealer and local distributors said the plow is too heavy for the truck as well, but I still put it on. We got snow yesterday and today and I just got back from plowing and it was fine. I have no ballast weight, but I might need about 300lbs to make it a bit better. I do have bigger front torsion keys to level out the front end. I actually don't even have the torsion bars too tight at all and I am fine.

Just crank your torsion bars a few turns to stiffen the front and you will be fine. Don't waste money on timbrens. My truck handles my plow great and my plow weight is comperable to yours.
  4. lumpy

lumpy Junior Member
    from midwest

thanks for the info