1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi Fuso

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by soilmover, Sep 10, 2001.

1. soilmover

soilmover Member

:confused: Does anyone have any thoughts on Mitsubishi Fuso as a plow truck??? 5th trans in my F-350, time to leave ford.

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

do a search, its been covered a few times in the past year

3. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE Member

HEARD OF NUMEROUS PROBLEMS....ALL THE SAME PROBLEM OF BENT TRUCK FRAMES. I KNOW OF 4 OCCAISIONS OF THE TRUCK FRAMES BENDING UNDER THE PRESSURE OF HITTING EITHER SNOWBANKS AND OR CURBS, ICE, ETC. IT HAPPENS UNDER THE CAB JUST WHERE THE PLOW FRAME MOUNTS TO THE TRUCK FRAME.

JUST MY TWO CENTS.

4. lawnboy82

lawnboy82 Banned

What dealer are you thinking of using? Also, on your F-350, what year? fuel type? tranny type? The auto tranny's on the I believe `98> turbo diesels have had a lot of trouble. So if that is your problem, you are not alone. Check into the newer trucks. As for the Mitsubishi's I have heard good things and bad. Been plowing in one. It doesn't do so good in the snow if you dont have a loaded sander, and 4x4 if you are doing places with slight hills. Also, these guys are right, the cab on these trucks is extremely weak. If you hit something with the cab you are gonna do a lot of damage to the truck.