1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mitsu FG434

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by Lawn Pro Enterprises, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Lawn Pro Enterprises

Lawn Pro Enterprises Junior Member

Just wanted to say that my mitsu FG434 4X4 just past 250000 miles and i have had no problems yet . Its 13 years old original clutch been through 1 set of brakes and normal maint i tow and haul plow snow .It got 14mpg new and gets 14mph 13 years later also it cost me $30000 new with the plow and dump body installed . I just bought a 2003 FG434 with a auto trans for $32000 with the body and plow installed now thats value in a vehicle . oh yea the new truck has power windows locks ac and cruse control all standard lets see GM FORD or DODGE beat that
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

They are great trucks.Only things I have heard is the front frame isn't the strongest,and can't get bent up if plowed hard.I am actually looking into buying one (or more),if I can get a good deal on them.
  3. Patriot

Patriot Junior Member

I have been installing plows on the Mitsus for a few years now. I've done FG's, FE's, and FH's. You need to make sure you stick with a make like BOSS or Fisher who make specific kits for these trucks(FG only). The 2 wheel drive models need to have the undercarriages fabricated. We gusset ours back about a foot and heavily reinforce the framework to protect the frame. Installed properly these trucks can push a bunch of snow.
  4. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

Hey Lawnpro. Where in Syracuse are you. I wouldn't mind taking a look at your Mitsu. I was thinking about getting one.
  5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Do you have any pictures of your FG? I have 4 F350 4X4's with plows and a izusu NPR with a Aircub sweeper on it and want to buy a cabover for plowing and sanding. I see you have had good luck with yours. I am trying to gather any information I can about them. I can/t e-mail you without an address. Here is mine if you could find the time twhall@gci.net