1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mistake - Making Liquid De-Icer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Chopper0912, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Chopper0912

Chopper0912 Junior Member

I should have worded it a little different in my other post of Mixing Liquid De-Icer. I am looking for the best way to MAKE liquid De-icer. So I will try this again. Sorry for the mistake.

I am trying to make a small batch of liquid De-icer to you to test it out. The chart that I found I am not sure if they are on the dot or a little off on calculations.

CaCl2 2.8 lbs per gal of H2O= 33%
    MgCl2 1.8 Lbs per gal of H20= 21.6%
    Nacl2 2.5 lbs per gal of H20 = 30%

I was looking to use MgCl2 to try out a batch. I was going to bump up the 1.8lbs to 2lbs per gallon of water to make an even amount of 25 gallons if I wanted to make a bigger batch. Any information on this would be great. I am sorry about the mistake that I made about Mixing Liquid De-Icer. I don't want to mix them together just make a batch to use of one of the following chemicals. Thank you again for your time and information.

Alexander

2. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

Hi Alexander
    give me a shout or send me a e-mail i can give you the info your looking for