1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Missouri weather 09/10

Discussion in 'Weather' started by maelawncare, Dec 27, 2009.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I know some of your northern and western missouri guys got snow. We just got a dusting. Enough to salt, but thats it. What did you guys get? I'll start us off with our massive amount of snow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

Revive this thread?

They are calling for MASSIVE snows in north central Missouri this week. They say we may get up to 1 inch of ice then up to 12 inches of snow here in southwest Washington county.

prsport

3. Brian in MO

Brian in MO Junior Member
    from NE MO

Right now the National Weather Service is saying we could get 12" - 18" from Mon -Wed. If this comes through it's going to be a busy week!

4. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Were supposed to get 1"-3" and possibly 2" of ice! this is gonna be bad. Id rather a 12" snow than that kind of ice accumulation. I guess we"ll see what happens

Brian: Where u located?

5. Brian in MO

from NE MO

I'm just South of Hannibal. What area are you from?

6. EvenCutLawnCare

We're south cetnral. bout 40 miles from the AR line

7. Brian in MO

from NE MO

I'm glad were not supposed to get much ice, I'll take a foot of snow over 1/4" of ice any day! Good luck in the next few days!

8. EvenCutLawnCare

Thanks Man! Good luck to you too. Ive got my generator ready to keep the house warm when the power goes out, even though I wont be enjoying it! If we get the kind of ice they're calling for we will be busy cleaning up trees/limbs for weeks...

9. glngib

glngib Junior Member

Union, MO here and waiting for the snow. Just recently got an 2011 Polaris 400 HO atv and plow. Last big snow went pretty good. I think I want to get a rubber replacement blade though. Hope to get some business in the neighborhood.

10. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

How much?

Ice only here so far but not too much. Channel 2 says less ice and more snow now. Here in the Ozarks ice is tough to deal with. I am going to try and run what we have in before the ground freezes again. I hope it works.

:cool:

11. EvenCutLawnCare

Here too, there saying up to an inch of ice for us. Should be interesting!

12. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

I scraped the ground down my hill (gravel road) to get the thin layer of ice broken up, seemed to work pretty good. Now it is sleeting like a sun-o-gun. I will give it another scrape in about an hour or so. If my driveway gets too much ice, I can't get up the hill which means I will be prspor

I hope it changes to snow!

13. Brian in MO

from NE MO

We had a little freezing drizzle overnight, and the real snow started a little before 9:00 am here. Right now it is snowing about as hard as I have ever seen. We probably have about a inch or so on the ground now, so looks like I better go get busy.payuppayuppayup