1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Missouri snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AUDRAIN PLOWER, Mar 21, 2015.

1. AUDRAIN PLOWER

AUDRAIN PLOWER Member

Wasent much of a snow season here in mid mo was wondering how it went for you other guys in the state . Any new ideas or plans for next season

2. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

We may add on another salt spreader, and another truck. This winter didn't go like last winter at all, I think KCI ended up with around 14". Hope next winter goes better. Only time will tell though!

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Probably like you guys, February helped out alot.

4. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Yep, same for us over here.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Got to ask,why bother if you don't get much snow?

6. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Our average is about 20", depends on where you are in the state. Sometimes it's 0.5", other times it's a 3-6" snow, so people need the lots cleared. Some seasons (not all) we get a foot or two of snow in one storm. So it snows down here, but not every day.

7. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Unfortunately, unlike in your state, over here, 2" damn near closes the city down. People are stupid, we get snow every year, but every year, the first couple storms it's like they've never seen the stuff. Slide offs every mile or two on the interstate, cars in ditches, it's ridiculous. So what little we do get, does need plowed.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  8. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

So if you guys plow such little snow your rates must be much higher to cover equipment costs right?

9. Ty27

Ty27 Senior Member

Yes, we plowed 25 lots this winter, we had 14" of snow this season, and cleared close to 40,000.

10. xtreem3d

If some of the rates I see posted from the guys up east are correct, we are higher here. Around me we get quite a few salting due to sleet and ice also, so it's not just snow money. For just having about 14-15 inches here we did fine this winter.
    Steve

11. grandview

Must be seasonal.:D

12. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

9 accounts, 14" of snow (yearly average is usually about 26") and grossed about $23k for the season.

13. xtreem3d

I wish............based on last year we'd all have made a fortune here

14. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

Plans for next season, upgrade plow setup. Currently running boss rt2 v plow. ( pain in the you know where to hook up) on my 05 Dmax

15. grandview

Sorry for your blindness.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The amount of accounts you have means nothing. What matters is how many acres you cover and how many pieces it takes to net a said amount of money. I'm betting low snow fall states net more then high snow fall states.

17. AUDRAIN PLOWER

AUDRAIN PLOWER Member

last year was definetly better yes we probably make more than out east but dont know why equipment wear and tear and labor still cost . Im old school im not the cheapest and damn sure dont wana be. By the way had 16 inches for the season here. Keep it up MISSOURI guys!

18. mike ward

mike ward Member

It seems many northern areas with lots of snow work for rates that are not real far from summer rates although I am sure that varies by region. Snow is an emergency service here with as many false starts as real!