1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

*Missing pin in power cord 8-10*

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bankroll, Oct 23, 2010.

1. bankroll

bankroll Member

Good Morning Fellas~

I am looking for help with my missing pin on my power cord (8-10) that connects to the truck. Basically there are two rows of pins, the pin missing is the top right pin on the second row. This side the mold has the triangle pitch. What function does that pin control have and also whats your thoughts on sodering a new pin in? I was quoted $350 + for a new power cord to the toggle switch. Cord and pins are in great shape so i would love to salvage it! Your ideas are greatly appreiciated! Also how do I get a hold of the blizzard wizzard in Erie??

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

where are you in Ontario?

3. bankroll

bankroll Member

I am in Mississauga, Can you help me out buddy??

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

My mechanic has fixed them up before. what's your email address, I will email you his number. He is in Scarborough, Kingston and Morningside area. They either break off or green rust off.

5. bankroll

bankroll Member

Awhh buddy!! Your my Savior!! I will be passing on some business I have on the east end.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  6. MOBLIZZARD

MOBLIZZARD Junior Member

How does he fix them? This is good info to know.

7. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

I've got a new wiring repair kit for the truck side (part # 62165) if you're interested

8. bankroll

bankroll Member

Im interested in the plow side, especially the pins on the power plug in.

9. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

I'll take a look at what I have, I know I have 2 kits but I think they are both truck side. I don't suppose you would know what part # you are after?

10. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Ill tell you how jerre told me to fix mine. If the pin is still in the truck truck side get it out. ON the plow side drill it out just a tad bit, tiny drill bit. And then hand screw in a set screw that is the same size as the missing pin. I had to buy a bag of 100 screws just for 1!! But now i have 99 more of them.